Friday, October 07, 2005

Is there a doctor in the house?

In response to this post on Flip Flop Flying, i tried to work out what the odds are that a doctor would be in a plane you were travelling on, incase you crash into a desert island and need someone to be the dashing leader with a mysterious past. I think it would be one in 4 chance, if flying from the UK.

I was actually thinking about this last night, wondering how much of my Red Cross training from when i was about 12 i would remember in any given situation. I decided probably none, and that i would most likely just panic and run around if anything incidental ever happened around me. But maybe instinct would click on and i'd be amazing and save lives and be heroic!
But probably not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Even Dr's can be hesitant at times. If they misdiagnose at 30k feet and the patient dies...law suit city man. I guess another importnat question would be, what are the odds of a good lawyer being present on an airplane?

7:05 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

That guy looks a bit like David Walliams from Little Britain...

8:47 am  
Blogger ANON said...

Haha he does too! I hadn't noticed!

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home