Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I love Neighbours



There is a soap which i have watched for a long time, the only soap i would say i am a comitted fan of. I watch it everyday and have fond memories of it's characters from my youth. The show is Neighbours. It is an Australian soap and it has been running for almost 20 years now, so there is an imminent special episode in which lots of exciting things happen like explosions and devestating secrets being told and that kind of soapy thing. Anyway after my mother and i were talking about the show this morning on the way to work, i decided to look up on the internet gossip about forthcoming episodes. The official austalian site was rubbish, and the BBC site was not much better, so i looked it up on Wikipedia (fast becoming one of my favourite sites on the web) and torrents of juicy plot points gushed forth from the screen! I have been itching to tell everyone i know about what is going to happen, so if you don't want to know, look away now!

-Karl finds out about Izzy's lies and dumps her, and then everyone (at last) hates her, except Paul who starts going out with her
-Connor and Serena start going out
-Stuart's suspicions about Sindy are all true! and it turns out she is mentally unstable and is sectioned in a mental hospital(!) leaving Stuart heartbroken.
-A new family moves into the street, the (single) father of which (Alex) ends up engaged to Susan (!)
-Joe Mangel comes back(!!!), and gets together with Lynn Scully
-Kayla gets back with her old boyfriend and leaves the show, so Boyd goes back to school (as they always do) and decides to become a Doctor
-Stuart's brother comes into the show, as does someone called Elle. (I don't know what their storylines are yet)
-Steph, after about a million years, finally gets pregnant and forgets all about baby Ashley
-In the special episode, loads of old characters come back for a bit and David, Liljana and Serena (and one other un-named character) die in a plane crash/explosion orchestrated by the dastardly Paul Robinson!!! I think Susan may be presumed dead which makes everyone sad but then she turns out to be alright in the end.



I can't wait! I heart Neighbours!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Oh my God, the SCANDAL! Everyone's swapping partners. Don'tcha just love soap land! I haven't watched Neighbours for years, but had to watch the 20th Anniversary episode the other day. I couldn't remember many names, but recognised the faces. Aah, Neighbours... memories of school.

11:37 am  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

P.S. Hope you don't mind me commenting. Seeing as Flip Flop Flying Craig hasn't written anything recently I've been looking to see who else visits there!

11:38 am  
Blogger ANON said...

You know winter is drawing in when you're watching Neighbours in the dark!
I wonder what has happened to Craig? I've grown rather fond of FlipflopflyinG over the last little while. Maybe the horrid people from that supermarket have kidnapped him for speaking ill of their beloved workplace!

6:41 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

I know, he's just disappeared. I hope he's ok.

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home