Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The curse of a good imagination

Last night i made the stupid mistake of watching a bit of Channel 4's 100 Greatest Scary Moments. 83 was Whistle And I'll Come To You, where an old man finds a whistle and blows it, then is pursued by a ghost. At some point he sees the bedclothes across the room stiffen and move around as if by a ghost. Now, every night i get freaked out by things which i think look like faces, and whenever i watch something scary i can't sleep. I used to think this was because i was a total wuss but i realised that it is actually because i have such a good imagination that i start to see this scary thing in everything. I was terrified that things were going to move about my room in the night and I would be paralysed and horrified.
Number 77 was Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, where William Shatner sees a gremlin on the side of his plane and no-one believes him that it is there. I had to close all the blinds so that i would not see the windows as i was terrified that i would see a gremlin there.
I know it is so ridiculous, but look how scary the gremlin is! It appears at Shatners plane window pressed right against the glass, looking like a sea creature...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what's scary. Finding a class full of schoolgirls ALL wearing gym shorts under their skirts.

2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home